Want to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with the new official firmware Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (DXALL7). Today in AndroidADN we will see a step by step tutorial which will explain how.
Last week we brought you a tutorial to update the Galaxy S3 Mini to Android 4.1.2 with XXAMA1 firmware and today I bring another firmware Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to have more options. This firmware DXALL7 incorporates improvements in fluency and speed through the project Butter, bringing new features such as Direct Call, Smart Stay, Pop-up Play and Google Now, a new notification bar and corrects all the problems of overheating and lockouts in some apps like Temple Run 2.
This firmware DXALL7 allows you to set the language to your liking.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official (DXALL7)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – The first thing to do is download the files you will use for the upgrade:
2 – After downloading both files, connect your Galaxy S3 Mini to your computer using the original USB cable and place the firmware file on your phone.
3 – Next, unplug the device and turn it off in order to start in download mode. To do this you must hold Volume Down + center button and simultaneously press Power. If done well, you should see a green robot, which will tell that you have entered Download Mode.
4 – Once your Galaxy S3 Mini is in download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM is illuminated.
5 – Then in PDA select the firmware you downloaded in step 1 and click on “Start” to initiate the update process. The Re-Partition box must NOT be selected.
6 – Once the firmware has been successfully updated, you must disconnect the USB cable and turn off the device to start it in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, and while holding both simultaneously press the power button.
7 – In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
8 – Success! You can enjoy Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (DXALL7) on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini!
How about this new firmware? Leave me your comments below!