Has just filtered a new test firmware Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean (XXUFMB3) for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Do you want to upgrade and enjoy the latest version of Android on your device? Here I bring you a tutorial so you can do it right now!
While they are more and more users that can enjoy Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by updating their Galaxy S3, Samsung is preparing a major update to its latest flagship. Today in AndroidADN I bring you a tutorial so you can update your Galaxy S3 to with a test firmware Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean that just filter.
As I mentioned recently, this firmware XXUFMB3 Android 4.2.1 is still in beta so it may have some glitches and bugs. Apparently, Samsung would release this update after the launch of the Galaxy S4, which is expected for early April, but in the meantime we can enjoy all the new features that brings the last major version of Android.
Among the innovations that bringing this firmware Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (I9300XXUFMB3) we find:
- Android 4.2.1 – JOP40D
- Improved Ripple effect on Lockscreen
- New Android 4.2.1 lock screen with widgets
- Daydream (Settings → Display)
- New additions in downtown Notifications
- Notifications are more actionable
- Voice commands to control various functions of the phone with voice
NOTE: When installing this firmware, the binary counter will increase and modify the device status to Modified. In addition, this ROM has no modem so the modem you already own will remain.
I repeat, this is a test firmware has that has not yet been released so you can expect some bugs, but early reports say it works almost perfectly.
- Android version: 4.2.1 – JOP40D (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9300XXUFMB3
- CSC: I9300OJKFMB3
- MODEM: N / A
- Region: Middle East
- Date: 19/20/2013
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean (XXUFMB3)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – The first thing to do is download the file you will use to upgrade (Odin 03.04 is included in the firmware):
2 – After downloading both files, connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC using the original USB cable and place the firmware file on your phone.
3 – Next, unplug the device and turn it off in order to start in download mode. To do this you must hold Volume Down + center button and simultaneously press Power. If done well, you should see a green robot, which will tell you entered Download Mode.
4 – Once your Galaxy S3 is in download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM is illuminated.
5 – Then in PDA select the file I9300XXUFMB3_I9300OJKFMB3_HOME.tar.md5 extracted from the file you downloaded in step 1 and click “Start” to start the update process. The Re-Partition box should not be selected.
6 – Once the firmware has been successfully updated, you must disconnect the USB cable to turn off the device in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, and while holding both simultaneously press the power button.
7 – In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
8 – Success! You can enjoy the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware (XXUFMB3) on your Samsung Galaxy S3!