To receive 2013 in the best way, Samsung has just released the official Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-i8190) for some Asian countries. Want to update your device? Here in AndroidADN will show you how.
While Samsung continues to launch Jelly Bean 4.1.2 upgrade to for the Galaxy S3 also shows that they don´t forget its younger brother. The Galaxy S3 Mini has just received an upgrade to Android 4.1.2 in Indonesia and Vietnam and is expected to arrive in the coming weeks to other markets.
The firmware (DXALL3) presents some stability and performance improvements and the ability to expand and collapse the notifications with a single finger, and other news.
Since this firmware was only for the countries of Southeast Asia, was not available in english. However, an XDA forum user has modified to incorporate more languages resulting in:
- ROM: JZO54K.I8190DXALL3
- Baseband: XXALL2
- PDA: I8190DXALL3
- CSC: I8190OLBALL4
- Android Version: 4.1.2
- Date: 12/19/2012
This is NOT the official ROM Samsung launched for Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam but it is a ROM modified by developer faria from XDA. This ROM does not wipe and what it does is add a European baseband to support all European languages. The firmware can be installed as an official ROM and it´s rooted.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (DXALL3)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – The first thing to do is download the files you will use for the upgrade:
2 – After downloading both files, connect your Galaxy S3 Mini to your computer using the original USB cable and place the firmware file on your phone.
3 – Next, unplug the device and turn it off in order to start in download mode. To do this you must hold Volume Down + center button and simultaneously press Power. If done well, you should see a green robot, which will tell that you have entered Download Mode.
4 – Once your Galaxy S3 Mini is in download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM is illuminated.
5 – Then in PDA select the firmware you downloaded in step 1 and click on “Start” to initiate the update process. The Re-Partition box must NOT be selected.
6 – Once the firmware has been successfully updated, you must disconnect the USB cable and turn off the device to start it in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, and while holding both simultaneously press the power button.
7 – In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
8 – Success! You can enjoy Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini!