Today I bring great news for the huge number of users of the Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000). Want to update your device to the latest Android version 4.2.1 Jelly Bean? Here I bring you a tutorial so you can do it right now!
From the forum HTCMania comes the first ROM based on Android 4.2.1 for the Galaxy S (GT-i9000). Of course this is not an official Samsung firmware but a cooked ROM that brings all the new features of the latest version of Android available.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S Android 4.2.1 Jellybean
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – The first thing to do is download the files you will use for the upgrade:
2 – After downloading the file, connect your Galaxy S to your PC using the original USB cable and place the firmware file on your phone.
3 – Next, unplug the device and download ROM Manager from Google Play. Once downloaded, open the application and grant root access by selecting the option “Grant”. Then from ROM Manager, select “Enter into Recovery Mode” to boot the device into recovery mode. You can also do it manually by turning off the device and then pressing and holding Volume Down + center button and simultaneously press Power.
4 – Once your Galaxy S is in download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable and select “Wipe data / factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”.
5 – Then select “install zip from sd card”, select the Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ROM you downloaded in step 1 and hit Start. Be patient, the process can take a few minutes.
6 – Once the firmware has been updated successfully, press “Go Back” and then “Reboot System now”.
7 – Ready! You can enjoy Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S!
Just in case, here is a video showing the entire installation process step by step: