Today I bring very interesting news for all users of the Galaxy S2 that want to receive Jelly Bean on their devices. Samsung Korea has just released the details of the upgrade to Android 4.1.2 for the Galaxy S2.
The update was scheduled for December 2012, but then Samsung reported that it had been delayed and would be available in the first months of 2013, and it seems that it shall be like that indeed.
Samsung Korea has given some interesting details about the update to Jelly Bean. First, the Galaxy S2 will have its internal memory reduced by 1 GB since that will have to partition the system memory, so the update will take about an hour. Furthermore, will only be available via Kies.
Among the new features of Android 4.1.2 to the Samsung Galaxy S2 are:
1. Platform Update Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Improvement in the home screen and in the scrolling (thanks to Project Butter)
- Improvement in the usage of some applications
2. preloaded applications
- Help is added
- Google+ is added
- + Talk is added
- Play Book is added
- Play Movie is added
3. Functions added / improved
- added Easy Mode and Block Mode
- Improvements in camera functions: functionality of pause while recording and more
- Stay Smart is added
- New functions such as Pop-up and more
- Some features will be improved and the usability of some applications
As you can see this is a big update with lots of improvements and new features. The only little (big) detail that Samsung Korea omitted is what we all want to know, when will the update be available? All indications are that will be released soon, but we still lack the official confirmation. Hopefully soon they release to all users of the Galaxy S2 so that everyone can finally enjoy Jelly Bean 4.1.2 officially.
Also you can update your Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean with the following tutorial that includes a test firmware of Android 4.1.2: