The official Android 4.1.2 update Jelly Bean has already begun to reach the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, but you may still find yourself waiting for the notification, as this is not yet available for all countries.
However, today in AndroidADN we bring you a tutorial in which we will see how to apply this update manually so that you can update your Galaxy Note 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 now!
Novelties Android 4.1.2
- The Notifications panel can now be customized
- Brightness slider in the notification panel can now be disabled
- Multi-View can be disabled
- Navigation is more fluid
- The status bar has been changed from gray to black
- Continuous text input Samsung keyboard (like Swype and Android 4.2)
- New effect Ink (Ink) on Lockscreen
- New Application Group Cast
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXDLL5)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – The first thing to do is download the files you will use for the upgrade:
2 – Then, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to your PC via the USB cable and place the firmware file on your phone.
3 – Next, unplug the device and turn it off in order to start in download mode. To do this you must press and hold Volume Down + center button and simultaneously press Power. If done well, you should see a green robot, which will tell you entered Download Mode.
4 – Once your Galaxy Note 2 is in download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM is illuminated.
5 – Then in PDA select the firmware XXDLL5 you downloaded in step 1 and click on “Start” to start the update process. Make sure that Re-Partition is NOT checked.
6 – Once the firmware has been successfully updated, you should get a green PASS on ODIN. Then you must disconnect the USB cable and turn off the device to start it in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, and while holding both simultaneously press the power button.
7 – In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
8 – Success! You can enjoy the official firmware XXDLL5 Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)!
Have you tried this new firmware? What do you think? Tell me about your experiences in the comments!