Although are already operating far superior versions of Android, the LG Optimus Black P970 only now can enjoy the benefits of Ice Cream Sandwich.
While it is expected an update to Jelly Bean, by the time users of LG Optimus Black P970 must comply with Ice Cream Sandwich and indeed I think that this version of Android was the one that represented the biggest leap especially in smarpthones.
This is the official firmware ICS Android 4.0 V30B that is already available in France, Italy, the Baltic States, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Portugal and Poland. If you are not in any of them you can manually apply by following the tutorial.
Among what is new of this update highlights:
- Gestures Features have been updated
- Bootanimation by LG
- Blue LED does not work on boot
- The option to choose in the lockscreen has been enabled
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update LG Optimus Black P970 to Android 4.0 ICS Official
1 – The first is to download the KDZ file to your computer and then execute it.
2 – Once you open the application set “Type” and “Phone Mode” to select the file. Kdz previously downloaded
3 – Once the software is started, it is necessary to wait for the firmware update process ends. This may take about 5 minutes.
READY! now you can enjoy Android 4.0 ICS on your LG Optimus Black P970. If you want to check the version of Android remember you can go to Settings> About Phone.
If by some chance the device crashes or does not start, remove the battery and start everything from scratch again.
If you’re using this device, please post your comment below.