Test the benefits of Jelly Bean with the leaked and pre-rooted firmware XXLSJrooted
Many users of the Samsung Galaxy S2 have chosen, considering the lateness of Samsung to provide updates, to install custom ROMs like CyanogenMod with which they can enjoy more advanced versions of Android. However, there are few ROMs with stable versions within Jelly Bean both 4.1 and 4.2. And that is why these users may want to try the leaked firmware version XXLSJrooted.
I can personally say that the firmware works correctly, is fluid and has no major errors. The downside is that when you install you will lose (if you have it installed) Clockwork Recovery, but do not worry because at the end of the tutorial I will comment how to easily re-install it. Also I notticed some lags in the lockscreen, but still don´t know if is a problem of the firmware o some misconfigurations of the touch-responsiveness.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean filtered (XXLSJrooted)
Worth remembering that this is NOT an official firmware at least for now, and that during the installation of the device you may lose data so it is recommended to backup important data. Stick to the tutorial and you should have no problems.
From AndroidADN do not take responsibility for any problems that may occur to your device, works at your own risk. I recommend having full battery BEFORE you start the process.
This tutorial is only for the international model of the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I-9100.
1 – Download the following files to your computer:
2 – Run Odin3-v1.85.zip and turn off your Samsung Galaxy S2 and put it in Download mode, for which you must press and hold POWER + HOME + VOLUME DOWN. If you have installed CWM will have to press VOLUME UP to move forward.
3 – Once in Download mode, connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your computer via the USB cable, now Odin should show the port ID: COM-green / light blue. If Odin does not recognize the device may not have updated drivers, for which it recommends to install Samsung Kies or see our post How to connect my Android.
4 – Now we select in PDA the file i9100XXLSJrooted downloaded in step 1 and click on Start. Check that Re-Partition is NOT checked. This process will take a while, be patient.
5 – If all goes well, Odin should show the port ID: COM green with a message that says PASS. Your device will reboot and now must disconnect it from the computer. Turn it off and start in Recovery Mode, for which you must press and hold POWER + HOME + VOLUME UP.
6 – Within the Recovery, with the help of the VOLUME UP / DOWN to move up and down and POWER to select we will make a Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition as shown in the video.
7 – READY! You can start your Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJrooted
If the process was not successful, or if for some reason the device does not start, remove the battery and start it all from scratch.
Install CWM on Samsung Galaxy S2
As you know, when you install this firmware you will lose your previous Recovery hence if you wanna have ClockworkMod Recovery you must do the following:
1 – Download CWM_S2_i9100G.zip and put it in the root of your device´s memory.
2 – Start your Samsung Galaxy S2 in Recovery Mode (POWER + HOME + VOLUME UP)
3 – Select Apply Update from external sdcard (something like can not remember exactly) and there find the file downloaded in step 1 and install it
4 – Ready, you will have ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S2. This version can be commanded both with the physical buttons as with the device’s touch screen.
Share on social networks and leave your comment on how you did with the update!