A few days ago we saw how to apply the official update of Android Jelly Bean to the Samsung Galaxy Note and today, to start doing the tutorial to upgrade to Android 4.2 with JellyBam we realized that we had not left the tutorial on how to get root access.
ROOT Samsung Galaxy Note Android Jelly Bean
1. The first step is to check the version of Android in which we find ourselves. To do this you have to go to Settings> About device> and check the baseband version.
If you are in the baseband XXLS2 you can follow this tutorial. If not you should apply this update by following this link to continue.
3. When the download completes have to unzip the files Odin3_v1.85.zip and GL_HYDRACORE_v7_STD.zip
4. Then you have to turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note and put it in Download Mode. To do this you have to press buttons Volume Down + Power + Home simultaneously until you can see a menu which gives you the option to continue, then you have to press Volume Up.
5. Once you are in Download Mode will have to run Odin3 and connect the Galaxy Note to the PC via the USB cable.
6. If you have properly installed drivers, ODIN’s COM port should be yellow as shown in the image below. If not, you’ll need to download Samsung Kies.
7. Now you have to select the PDA button and select the file. Tar you must find when unzip in step 1.
7. Click on Start and begin the process of rooting. At this time the bar will be green and when the update process finishes Odin will turn blue.
8. The Samsung Galaxy Note will reboot and you will have root access in Android Jelly Bean.
9. To verify that you have root must download and install the following application
That’s all, I hope you have been able to successfully root your Galaxy Note and leave your impressions in the comments.