Although this is a low-end device, the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is used by many of our users, and optimization is usually one of the most important factors in these devices with low hardware specifications.
Therefore it is always advisable to have installed custom ROMs that allow us to have the latest version of Android and maximize the performance of the smartphone.
For this, the first step is alwaysto get root and that is exactly what we´ll see in this tutorial that will allow to be super user on the Samsung Galaxy Y regardless of the stock firmware in which you are.
Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
1) Download the Multi-Root-Installer_Final.zip from here
2) Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y to the PC using the original USB cable and upload the downloaded file to the root of the internal memory.
3) Unplug the device from the PC and turn it off to get into recovery mode. To do this you have to hold down the volume up key, home and power at the same time.
4) From the recovery mode, you have to do a wipe. To do this you have to select the option to Wipe data / factory reset & Wipe Cache partition. To move on the options you have to use the volume up and down buttons and power to select.
5) Now go to the option “install zip from sd card” and select the Multi-Root-Installer_Final.zip and follow the onscreen instructions.
After a few minutes the Samsung Galaxy Y will reboot and you will have root access.