The Samsung Galaxy S3 is in the process of upgrading to Android 4.1. However, a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (I9300XXELK4) firmware has just filtered that soon will be coming to the flagship of Samsung.
The Korean company is still testing Android 4.1.2 and is expected to launch the update for the Galaxy S3 in December this year, but if you want to update your device right nowyou can do it with this test firmware. What new brings this version 4.1.2? Some features which includes the Galaxy Note 2 as divided screen display, new gallery and more!
FEATURES ANDROID 4.1.2 (I9300XXELK4)
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi Windows multitasking as in Note 2)
- Friends page
- Notification panel (can be customized)
- Intelligent Rotation (the screen display adjusts the viewing angle)
- Continuous text input Samsung keyboard (like Swipe and Android 4.2 keyboard)
- Application Paper Artist (as in Note 2)
- New Gallery application (as in Note 2)
NOTE: Before trying it you should know a few things. This firmware has been re-packaged in a ODIN Flashable firmware based on files provided by Saturn of XDA. The firmware is pre-root, will increase your binary counter and change the device status to Modified. In addition, it contains no modem so the modem you are using before flashing will continue.
I repeat, this is a preliminary version so you can not upgrade officially through Kies and is expected to have some bugs and minor errors, but from Sammobile report that the ROM works perfectly as any official firmware.
Here I leave some images of the firmware:
- Android version: 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9300XXELK4
- CSC: I9300OJKELK5
- MODEM: N / A
- Region: Middle East
- Build date: 8/11/2012
- Download: I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 to Android 4.1.2
- Download and unzip the file “I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip”
- Open Odin 3.04 (included in the firmware package)
- Restart the phone in download mode (Home + Power + Volume Down)
- Connect the phone and wait until you see yellow sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5 for PDA
- Make sure re-partition box is NOT checked
- Starts flashing. Be patient, it may take a few minutes.
- Restart and go! You will have Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S3!
Have you tried this firmware? What news have you found?