Want to update your Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with the latest test firmware XXLSA? Today in AndroidADN I bring you a tutorial where we see how.
This is the first ROM based on Android 4.1.2 available for the Galaxy Note. The firmware was leaked a few days ago in the forum XDA and today reaches the entire community unofficially.
It is clear that this is a test firmware and NOT an official update released by Samsung. From Sammobile report that they have thoroughly tested the ROM and it works perfectly, although not being a final version may expect some bugs.
Samsung promised update the Galaxy Note to Jelly Bean before year-end, so if they are true to their word, the update should be released shortly.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean News for Samsung Galaxy Note:
- Android 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- Improved performance and stability thanks to Project Butter
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking as in Note 2
- Multi-View can be disabled
- Page Buddy
- New additions in the notifications panel
- Notifications panel can be customized
- Smart Rotation
- Continuous text input as Swype and the keyboard of Android 4.2
- New Widgets of Galaxy S3
- Google Now
- Cloud services from Samsung
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New notification bar
- Android version: 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: N7000XXLSA
- CSC: N7000OXALSA
- MODEM: N7000XXLSA
- Build Date: 11/20/2012
- Region: Europe
- Country: Germany
I repeat this is NOT an official firmware from Samsung but a leaked test firmware for Germany that soon will be made official. The firmware is coming to Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the UK and Spain, so you can set the language to your liking.
Update Samsung Galaxy Note Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (XXLSA)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
- Before starting it is always advisable to back up all your information as this process will erase your data.
- This process should be carried out only on the Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) and not on other versions.
1 – The first thing to do is download the files you will use for the upgrade:
2 – Extract the firmware named N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip and open Odin in your computer
3 – Turn off your Galaxy Note to start in download mode. To do this you must keep volume down + center button and simultaneously press the power button. Warning message appears, press volume up to continue.
4 – Once in Download mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM turns yellow. Once the ID: COM is in yellow, in PDA you must select the file CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar, in Phone place the file CSC MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar and in CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar all of which you downloaded in step 1. Then click “Start” to start the firmware update process making sure Re-partition box is NOT checked.
5 – After the firmware has been successfully updated, the phone will automatically restart. When you see the home screen, disconnect the USB cable and go! Now you can enjoy Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Note!
- If Odin gets stuck or get a FAIL message (with red background), unplug the phone from the PC, close Odin, remove the battery from the device, insert it again and repeat the process starting from step 3.
- If the phone gets stuck on the booting animation / Samsung logo, you must do the following (this will erase all your data): Remove the battery from the device and insert it again and start in Recovery Mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset, press Yes on the next screen and then restart the device by selecting reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll. That should restart normally.
What do you think of this ROM? Tell me about your experiences in the comments!