The HTC One X PLUS has like most HTC devices the bootloader locked, making it a little more complex the process to gain root access, but not impossible.
In this tutorial, today we will see how to unlock the bootloader to gain root access on this device. This allows you to install custom ROMs and optimize your HTC One X PLUS.
ROOT HTC ONE X PLUS
1. enters HTCDEV and download fastboot files to your PC.
2. Create a folder inside your HTC One X PLUS called fastboot.
3. Enter HTCDEV Bootloader and select “All Other Supported Models” and “then beginunlock boot loade.” Then check the two options to continue.
4. Turn off the phone by holding the power button for 5-7 seconds.
5. Then you have to press and hold the volume down button for a few seconds and the device will start in HBOOT. Select the quick start with Volume + and power button.
6. Once your HTC One X PLUS is in the quick start mode, you must connect it to the PC and open the DOS to introduce the commands below.
To open the DOS you have to go home and look for “cmd.” Select and execute.
7. From DOS (system symbols) enter the following commands
cd c:\ fastboot
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
8. Now you have to copy the code and paste it in the bottom of the page of HTC.
9. After sending it you will receive an email with a link to download the “Unlock_code.bin”.
10. From the DOS now have to enter the following command.
fastboot flash de unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
11. Then the screen of your device will change and you will have to press volume + to accept and confirm the same.
12. From the device, go to “Settings> Development” and enable USB debugging and connect it to the PC via the USB cable
13. Download the file RootBoot.zip from here and unzip
14. Run the file Rootboot.bat and press enter to start the rooting process.
15. Once the process is complete, you will have to download the application Superuser from Google Play to update the binaries and the application ROM Manager.