We have long known that the Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 will not receive the official update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich, so that the firmware of Android Gingerbread will be the last we see.
In this case it is the ROM XWKTQ based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread which we assume includes some fixes and improvements over the previous version called XWKTM.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 to Android 2.3.6 Official (XWKTQ)
1) Before you start you must have the USB mode activated debuggin. To do this go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging “.
2) To start you have to download the Value Pack from here and Odin, then unpack the files.
3) Now you have to run the Odin file which is among the downloaded files.
4) Then you have to launch the Samsung Galaxy Ace in Download Mode. To do this you have to keep pressed both buttons volume down + the Home button and the Power button located on the side. If the device boots in the normal mode, then you have to try the process again to enter.
5) Once your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 is in download mode, you must connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable.
6) Then you will see that the field COM in Odin turns yellow, which means you’re ready to select the files mentioned below.
OPS – S5830_Cooper_v1.0.ops
Select “One Package” option in the Odin
7) After selecting the files, click “Start” to start the firmware update process. When the firmware update is complete the device will reboot itself.
As soon as the firmware update process finishes, you will see a blue box shown in Odin meaning that the firmware update has been successfully installed.
8) Now the device will reboot and then you have to turn the phone to enter recovery mode. For this you have to press on the Volume Up key + the button home, and the power at once.
9) Now pay attention. After entering recovery mode, you must choose the options Wipe data / factory reset and select Yes, then select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Ok, now your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 will reboot and you will have the firmware Android 2.3.6 installed.