Want to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? Today in AndroidADN I bring you a tutorial so you can update your device to Jelly Bean with cooked ROM Revolution Light v1.
The Samsung Galaxy Ace is a device somewhat old but nonetheless remains one of the most preferred by users. The smartphone did not receive the update to Ice Cream Sandwich so stayed on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. However, today in AndroidADN we’ll show you how to update your Galaxy Ace to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with the ROM Revolution Light v1.
It should be noted that this is not an official Samsung firmware but a cooked ROM.
Specs Light Revolution v1:
- JB like Statusbar
- JB / ICS like Home Preview
- Based on CoolCatGetHomes SGS2 ROM
- also uses Stock 2.3.6 DDKQ8
- Smooth as Butter
- SsLauncher is set by default
- Better customization for Launcher
- Source Sansation by default (as you saw in Apocalypse)
- Settings on the signal
- Settings on the battery
- Nexus Bootanimation Style
- Great speed and stability
- Icons of the Galaxy S3
- Very fluid interface
- JB Keyboard
- Fast Net
- Adjustments to improve gaming performance
- Improved performance
- Longer battery
- Settings on Task Killer
- Few RAM memory consumption
- Battery Extender Kernel For Batttery Enhancement
- Fixed some minor bugs
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean RevolutionLight ROM
Before you begin must download ROM Manager from Google Play. Here is the link:
1 – The first thing to do is download the ROM to your computer:
2 – Then connect your Galaxy Ace to your computer using the original USB cable and place the file in the device memory.
3 – Disconnect your phone from your PC and open ROM Manager. Select the “Flash Clock Work mod Recovery” to flash the ROM you downloaded in step 1.
4 – Once you’ve flashed the ROM, select “Reboot in Recovery Mode” to enter Recovery Mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, and while holding both simultaneously press the power button.
5 – Once in recovery mode, select Install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sdcard and select the Revolution Light ROM.
6 – After applying the ROM, press Go Back and Reboot system now to reboot the phone.
7 – Ready! You will have the Jelly Bean Revolution Light ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace!