Samsung has begun to release the official update to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for Galaxy S3. Today in AndroidADN I bring this tutorial which will explain step by step how to update your device with the latest firmware available XXDLI8.
The latest firmware is the official XXDLI8 for the UK, Spain, Austria and other European countries and brings some new features and improvements over the previous version XXDLI7.
- PDA: I9300XXDLI8
- CSC: I9300OXADLI8
- Versión: Android 4.1.1
- Fecha: 16-09-2012
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
UPDATE Samsung GALAXY S3 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (XXDLI8)
1. The first thing we need to do is download and unzip files that we´lll use to apply the update:
2 – Once you have downloaded both files, connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC via the original USB cable and place the two files on your phone. Be sure not to place them in the sub-folders.
3 – Then disconnect and turn off your Galaxy S3 to start in Recovery Mode. To do this you must press Volume Up + Home and simultaneously turn on your device.
4 – Once in Recovery mode, select “Wipe data / factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also select “advanced” and wipe the Dalvik cache if you are in a cooked ROM.
If the phone is started in normal mode, you have to try to enter Recovery Mode again.
If you can not do, remember that you can also enter Recovery Mode with the help of the application CWM in ROM Manager.
5 – Then select “install zip from sd card” -> “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the ROM file XXDLI8 downloaded in step 1.
6 – Once you’ve selected the files, start the update process. Be patient as it may take a few minutes.
7 – Ready! You may have updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with the latest ROM leaked!