Samsung has just released the first Android Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. This is the Test ROM JRO03C based on Android 4.1.1 arriving for the models (GT-P3100)
- Android Versión: 4.1.1 – JRO03C
- PDA: P3100DDBLI1
- Country: India (INU)
- Production Date: September 8, 2012
- Size: 295.2MB
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (JRO03C)
1) The first thing we need to do is download and unzip the files that will use to apply the update.
2) Enter Download Mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power. If done well, you should see a green robot, which will tell that you have entered Download Mode.
3) Once your Samsung Galaxy Tab is in download mode, you must connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. There you will see that the section ID: COM turns yellow.
If ID: COM does not get yellow, two things can happen:
- Need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC
- You must go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer.
4) Once the ID: COM is yellow, in PDA you must select the file P3100DDBLH3_P3100ODDBLH1_P3100DDLG1_HOME.tar.md5 that you unzipped in step 1 and click “Start” to start the update process. (make sure re-partition is not selected)
5) After a few minutes, the update process will end and the device will reboot. Then screen will display the configuration language.
6) Now download the update OTA P3100DDBLH3 from here and copy it to the root of the SD card.
7) You must disconnect the USB cable to turn off the device into recovery mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Power button.
Select the option Apply update from External Storage and then select the file GT-P3100_P3100DDBLI1-OTA-P3100DDBLH3_INU_309560155.zip using the up and down volume buttons to move around the options and power to select.
9) Select Yes to apply the update.
10) After the upgrade, you must re-enter recovery mode and select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
11) That’s it! Now you can enjoy your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean!