Today was released an update from Cyanogen Team. This is CyanogenMod 9 RC2, a version that even though isn´t the final, has solved some problems with the RC1 and incorporates support for Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules from T-Mobile in the USA.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmware.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules T-Mobile to CyanogenMod 9 RC2
2. Once downloaded, you must connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to the PC via the USB cable.
3. Save the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card of your device.
4. Disconnect the Galaxy S2 off the computer and put it in to recovery mode. For this you have to press the Menu button, the volume up and then turn on the device. If the device turns on in normal mode, you have to try again to enter the recovery mode.
5) In recovery mode, you must select Wipe data / factory reset and then Wipe Cache partition. Then you have to restart your Galaxy S3 by selecting reboot system now. To move on the options you can use the volume keys and start to select.
6) Now re-enter the recovery mode and select “install zip from sd card” and then “zip from sd card”. Then you have to select the CyanogenMod 9 file you inserted in the SD of your device by selecting Yes with the help of the volume control keys and the Menu button. The same way you have to select the package Google Apps.
6) Once the file is updated correctly, choose “+ + + + Go Back + + + +” and then “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
That’s it, you have installed CyanogenMod 9 RC2 with Android ICS 4.0.4 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules.