As we said recently, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has just received the latest Android version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandiwch.
This is the XXLQ5 ROM that brings the S2 to the latest version of ICS. This is a ROM for the European region, but you can apply it to your device as long as it is the GT-i9100.
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmwarew.
The upgrade process is described next.
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) to Android 4.0.4 (XXLQ5)
It should be noted that from AndroidADN we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to the device during this process. It works at your own risk.
1. Download the XXLQ5 ROM from Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich Official from this link and Odin v1.83 from this other to your PC. Once you’ve downloaded both files, unzip the ROM and you will see the following files:
2. Then you must run the Odin file and then turn off the device to enter Download mode. To do this you must keep Volume Down + Center button and simultaneously press the power button. Then you will see a green robot to tell you that you have entered as Download mode.
If ID: COM does not get yellow, two things can happen:
Need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC
You must go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer.
4. Once ID: COM is in yellow, on PDA you select the following files and click “Start” to start the firmware update process.
PIT – u1_02_20120326_emmc_EXT4_8GB.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC – GT-i9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5
5. After the firmware has been updated successfully, the device automatically restarts. When you see the home screen, you should disconnect the USB cable to turn off the device into recovery mode. To do this you must press the Volume Up + Home button, then hold both simultaneously pressing the power button.
6. In recovery mode, select Wipe data / factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot the phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
7. Ready! You’ve updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) to Android 4.0.4 ICS with the Samsung official ROM for Spain!
Note: If at any time the firmware update process is stopped for any reason, all you have to do is restart the process from the beginning by reinserting the battery.
Remember to follow us on Facebook