The Sony Xperia Arc was recently updated to the latest version of Android known as Android ICS 4.0.4 and now you can get root access in this version of firmware.
When you get the root user on your Sony Xperia ARC you can modify the system, change settings, delete protected files etc. For this to being root, allows you to modify the operating system of your device as you like and use applications such as autostart applications that allows you to disable either the user or system to fail to load at startup, reducing memory consumption and battery .
You can also change system settings to record full HD video, making the longest scan wifi to save power, or perform overclocking the processor to run faster to your phone.
You can also disable applications either user or system to fail to load at startup, allowing you to save memory and battery consuming, and make the operating system start faster.
All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in your phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) that sometimes has problems in the restoration or does not recognize the phone. Therefore, is strictly recommended that the backup contacts as well as the SMS is performed by following the steps below:
- SMS – Use SMS Backup y app Restoration
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail application
- Songs, videos, files – Copy to SD card
- Take note of APN and MMS settings in Applications> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks> APN
- Make sure that all security solutions like firewalls, antivirus and KIES application are completely closed until firmware update finishes.
- It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone and the USB port must be open which means you must have read / write so that the firmware can be applied successfully.
- Note that you will need to charge your phone at least 90% battery to ensure that does not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update manually, just in case, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions from the beginning.
- Whatever firmware you currently using, if you have root access you will lose it because it´s an official firmwarew.
Sony Xperia ARC Root
1) Download the latest version of the kernel and FlashTool to your PC.
2) Enter C :/ Drive> FlashTool> firmware> and delete all data, then place the downloaded kernel.
3) Run the FlashTool and click on the icon flashes (left side under the “file”) to select the flash mode> OK.
4) After this, select OK and just follow the onscreen instructions.
5) Now, connect the Sony Xperia ARC to the PC using the original USB cable and make sure that all device applications are closed.
6) Once the flashing process is complete, you will see that the device remains on the screen with the SONY logo for a few minutes, so you’ll have to wait until you start to finish the process of rooting.
7) After the end of the rooting process and the start the operating system, you have to reset the device, which also may take longer than normal.
8) Once the device ends the rooting process will be restarted and you will have root access on your Sony Xperia ARC.
Version en Español | http://android.com/2012/06/tutorial-root-sony-xperia-arc-con-android-ics-4-0-4/